A small electrical fire prompted an evacuation of an assisted living facility Wednesday, July 31 in Bay County’s Monitor Township.

State police, sheriff’s deputies, fire and EMS personnel responded just after 10:00 p.m. to the Bay Valley House at 5113 Reinhardt Ln. after smoke could be seen coming from one of the restrooms. Officials say faulty wiring in the ceiling caused a short, which made the insulation in the ceiling smolder. All of the residents were evacuated from the building safely and no injuries were reported.

The residents were taken by bus to another location.