If you are one of the many workers being told to work from home because of the COVID-19 pandemic, then you are probably still trying to figure out how to get it all done efficiently and effectively. Have no fear, you can do this, and you just might start to love it.
According to latimes.com, here are a few tips, to work efficiently, stay in contact with your colleagues and actually even enjoy it a little bit.
- Sleep later to stay healthy – Add up the time it takes you to pick out your outfit, get dressed, do your hair, etc. Add up that time and set your alarm clock back by that amount of time. There’s no need to maintain your normal schedule….what a relief. Take advantage of the extra sleep.
- Set up your desk – Clean the space you will be using to work from home. Make your home desk feel like your work desk. And be sure to take lunch away from your computer screen. Make sure to do something to differentiate your brain ‘working time’. And don’t forget to stretch.
- Be ready for prime time – Make sure you have your office’s dial-in number saved to your phone’s favorites so that you’re ready to jump on a call at a moment’s notice.
- Make your home a pleasant place to be.
- Maintain your connections and your mental health. Check out the entire article here: https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2020-03-13/working-from-home-is-awesome-heres-how-to-excel-at-it #StayHealthy