Smoke Investigation Prompts Response From Several Fire Departments
September 24, 2019 7:55PM EDT
A careless cook is being blamed for a late afternoon smoke investigation.
Kochville Township firefighters responded to the Residence Inn on Cardinal Square Boulevard around 4:45 Tuesday afternoon. Officials say the incident stemmed from unattended food in a microwave oven. Carrollton and Tittabawassee Township fire crews assisted along with personnel from Zilwaukee.
No damage was reported with firefighters clearing smoke from the building before leaving after roughly half an hour. No injuries occurred.