Weather Alert

Saginaw Fire Sends One to Hospital, Kills Dog

A fire in Saginaw early Wednesday  morning sent one man to the hospital, killed a dog and left several people at least temporarily homeless. It started about 4:40 a.m. at 1012 McCoskry. The porch and front room of the two-story house were in flames when firefighters arrived, and the fire was contained to those areas.

Three people got out of the house safely, but a fourth had to be rescued. That person was taken to St. Mary’s of Michigan in Saginaw, and then transferred to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, which has a well-known burn unit. Besides the dog that died, a second dog was rescued from the house and revived.

The fire caused an estimated $8,000 to $9,000, making the home uninhabitable.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On