Hey it’s your Afternoon Girlfriend Yvonne Daniels here!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, and Happy International Mind-Body Wellness Day! It’s out with the old and in with new. I don’t have to tell you how important it is to prioritize taking care of your mind, body and overall well being, however, I would love to share 6 simple ways to jumpstart and maintain mind-body welleness :
- Honor your temple by starting each day with 5 deep breaths before you get out of the bed as well as anytime, you feel any type/form of stress or anxiousness.
- Move your body EVERYDAY. Bend over and touch your toes. Then raise your arms over your head. Brisk walks,especially outdoors, will strenghten your legs and get the blood flowing through your entire body. It is also a great mood lifter and a great weapon against depression.
- Drink at least (4) 8 oz. glasses of water. Plain filtered water with no flavor packets is the most beneficial.
- Go to bed on time. Aim at getting between 6 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Pray a prayer of gratitude (it can be short) before you get out of bed. Then try to replace any negative thought with something you’re thankful for, like transportation, a warm home etc.
- Try adding at least (1) one highly nutritious food, that you don’t usually eat, to any meal. For example, fresh garlic, radish, sprouts, onions, fresh herbs or spices etc.
Here’s to a fabulous 2023!!!