This event is Free to the Public and designed to educate, teach and inform Attendees concerning the following: Money Management: how to manage your money; Finding Hidden Cash; Budgeting – how to create a budget; Credit; Learn how to become a homeowner; pros and cons of renting vs. owning. Additionally:
1. How to apply for Grants up to $15,000 to get needed Home Repairs or Homeownership
• Neighborhood Impact Program (NIP): Grant up to $7,500;
• Accessible Modification Program (AMP): Grant up to $15,000.
2. Homeownership Opportunity Program (HOP): Grants up to $8,000 to be used towards down payment and closing.
3. Step Forward Program: Grant up to $15,000 use towards down payment, closing cost and to buy down mortgage price.